MENU

Pinot Grigio Ramato

TECHNICAL SHEET

DESCRIPTION

This Pinot Grigio is very peculiar by virtue of its coppery-pink color. After harvesting the grapes and soft pressing them, they are left to macerate together with the skins for 2 or 3 days; it is during this time that the wine gains its characteristic and unique coloring. 20% of the wine is aged in big oak barrels, while the remaining 80% is aged in steel tanks; after approximately 8 months, the two parts are merged together and the final product is bottled. It is a Pinot Grigio with a distinctive structure, complex, and with strong personality.

Grape variety: 100% Pinot Grigio (Gray)

Denomination: DOC Friuli Colli Orientali

Tasting notes

Color: light pink with coppery nuances. This tonality is due to the wine being in contact with the grapes’ skins during the vinification process.

Aroma: floral and fruity notes, such as apple, pear, and wild berries.

Taste: sweet and creamy notes evoking fruity and persistent, intense flavors.

Food pairings: the wine complements dishes and cicchetti with vegetables, as well as seafood first courses with spider crabs and shellfish. It goes perfectly with stewed cuttlefish, and it is ideal for an aperitif or a meal here with us!